Parks offer open gyms for indoor play Tuesday
Posted January 6, 2014
Updated January 7, 2014
The region's parks and recreation departments typically open up their gyms at certain times for free play. Since tomorrow's temperatures are expected to hover in the single digits or close to it, I thought I'd list some of the parks with open gyms.
Here's a list with open gyms in Raleigh as provided by city parks staff. If I hear from other towns that I've contacted, I'll add them to the list.
- Jaycee Park on Wade Avenue has open gym time from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday.
- Greystone Indoor Playground has open play from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday.
- Millbrook Exchange Community Center has youth open gym from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, and open gym for all from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Tuesday.
- Green Road Community Center has a Tot Time for kids ages 5 and under and their parent from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesday.
- Laurel Hills Community Center also has Tot Time for kids ages 5 and under and their parent from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesday. Adult and youth open play is from 12:30 p.,m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday.
- Lions Park Community Center has open play at its gym from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For other indoor activity ideas, read this earlier post. Stay warm!
UPDATE: Cary has an extensive indoor gym program with lots of programs today and this week. Click here to see the full calendar.