Parents still shaken after kids were electrically shocked at Omaha ballpark
Posted June 15
OMAHA, NE — Parents of two young children are still trying to figure out how their youngsters got zapped by electricity at a baseball game.
It happened at the private Westgate ballpark Monday night.
"It never crossed my mind that he would be playing and grab a fence and get electrocuted," said Kylee Best, the mother of the 15-month-old boy who was electrically shock. "It's just utter fear that my baby just got electrocuted."
A nine year old girl also got shocked right at the same spot: at the corner of two fences.
"They could not let go," said Best. "They've play in that spot many times."
Becky Moore is the mom of the nine-year-old girl.
"As a parent you trust your instincts," said Moore. "I knew something was wrong."
Someone dialed 911 right after Moore rushed to help her daughter and the little boy.
"I pulled her really hard," said Moore. "Then once i got her off, i was able to grab him by his stomach. I basically just ripped them off the fence."
Both children were rushed to a hospital. The parents say they had no marks on their skin.
Doctors tested for internal injuries. Thankfully they checked out okay.
"An electric fence you know not to touch," said Best. "This is completely out of the norm."
She says it's a private ballpark run by volunteers.
"They're doing what they need to do," said John Best, the father of the little boy.
"They're canceling games, they're cutting power, they're getting it fixed."
We reached out to the management team, but have not heard back.