Local News

Paint fumes cause problems at Umstead

Posted October 29, 2011

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Emergency personnel blamed the use of an "epoxy-type paint" Saturday for the need to evacuate part of Cary's Umstead Hotel.

One person was taken to Rex Hospital for examination, according to a representative of Wake County EMS. Fifty others – guests and employees– had to be moved from the basement of the spa to the first floor.

The crew working with the paint had breathing apparatus, but the fumes could be dangerous to others. 

1 Comment

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • LuvLivingInCary Oct 31, 2011

    i bet the ambulance chasers came in off the golf course to work this one and pass out cards.