Local News

Oxygen, propane tanks explode in Wilson County home

Posted January 4

Firefighters extinguished a Wilson house fire late Tuesday night that was started by exploding oxygen and propane tanks.
Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Firefighters extinguished a Wilson house fire late Tuesday night that was started by exploding oxygen and propane tanks.

Authorities responded to the home on Killette Street and Belmot Avenue after the tanks exploded around 10:30 p.m. There was heavy fire damage to the home.

The occupants of the home were able to escape.

2 Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Carrie Hurrelbrink Jan 4, 5:55 p.m.
    user avatar

    View quoted thread


    Could have been a propane heater that has the small tank on it. But, you are not supposed to use them with oxygen tanks in a home either.

  • George Orwell Jan 4, 2:43 p.m.
    user avatar

    Not much to the story. Tanks don't explode by themselves. Most likely an individual on O2 and that person or someone in the house smoking.

    Glad they were able to get out.