Local News

One killed in Henderson house fire

Posted November 19, 2009
Updated November 20, 2009

— One man was killed Thursday night in a house fire, authorities said.

Fredrick Harris, 22, was the only person home when the fire broke out at 705 Jefferson St. in Henderson shortly after 6 p.m., authorities said. He lived at the house with his mother and couple of siblings.

Authorities said the fire was caused by combustible materials being placed too close to a space heater in a bedroom.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all