Local News

One killed in fire at Wilson apartment

Posted November 16, 2013

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— One person died early Saturday when fire ripped through an apartment on Queen Street East in Wilson, emergency officials said.

According to investigators, the blaze started at about 3 a.m. when unattended grease in the kitchen caught fire. Firefighters got the victim out of the apartment, but they died soon after, officials said. 

The person's name has not been released. No other injuries were reported.

Twenty-two firefighters battled the fire, which took about four hours to extinguish.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all