Local News

Man killed in blaze at Garner home

Posted October 20, 2015

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— An unidentified man died early Tuesday when fire tore through a home on Auburn Church Road in Garner, fire department officials said.

Fire crews responded to the home, which is in east Garner, at about 4:30 a.m. after receiving a call from a sheriff's deputy.

Crews quickly brought the flames under control. When they went inside, they found the man's body in a bedroom. The man's name has not been released, but officials said they believe he is the homeowner.

Fire officials said the fire likely started because of a portable electric space heater being used in the living room of the home.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all