Local News

One injured in Raleigh house fire

Posted November 26, 2012
Updated November 27, 2012

— A man was badly burned Monday evening when fire tore through a Raleigh home, authorities said. 

Two men were home when flames erupted around 8:30 p.m. in a downstairs bedroom of a two-story house at 4121 Cobble Court.

One man, who was upstairs when the blaze broke out, made it out safely. The other was rescued by fire crews and taken to WakeMed to be treated for severe burns.

Three people live in the house.

According to the fire department, smoking in bed appears to have started the blaze.

4 Comments

This story is closed for comments. Comments on WRAL.com news stories are accepted and moderated between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Oldest First
View all
  • godnessgracious2 Nov 28, 10:49 a.m.

    I don't smoke anymore, but when I was younger I did. Once, I was smoking in bed in the morning, and I fell back asleep. When I woke up there was a softball size hole burnt into my blanket. It was still kind of smoldering and growing. Pretty close call there, but I learned my lesson.

  • fgump Nov 27, 3:27 p.m.

    I'm very proud of the work of the firefighter who rescued this man. He's been a firefighter for 20 years, and this was his first rescue. He's also my first cousin!!

  • charmcclainlovesdogs2 Nov 27, 2:25 p.m.

    smoking in bed appears to have started the blaze.

    Smoking in bed has never been a good thing. I do hope others will learn from this tragedy. I do hope and pray that the man that was badly burn, will get better each day. Pray for him.

  • frftr187 Nov 27, 12:14 p.m.

    RFD had a really busy day yesterday. Hope the gentleman here improves quickly. Great job RFD on all the calls you had to deal with.