Local News

Officials Check Natural Gas Odor at Assisted-Living Facility

Posted February 14, 2008
Updated February 15, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A gas odor temporarily displaced some residents at an assisted-living community Thursday night, emergency dispatch officials confirmed.

A heat exchanger in a furnace malfunctioned at the Laurels of Forest Glenn at 1101 Hart St. That caused a gaseous odor to spread throughout the building, and staff immediately called 911, said Jonathan Wade, an administrator at the facility.

Residents were moved to a different part of the building while emergency crews investigated the odor. That followed normal procedures and did not negatively affect residents, Wade said.

The situation at the Laurels of Forest Glenn was returning to normal by 10 p.m.

2 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • Sound Tech Feb 15, 2008

    i know this probably was a very serious situation but i just could not read the story for laughing so hard at the story title.

  • Redneck_Bob Feb 15, 2008

    Quit feeding old people beans and collards and you won't have the "natural gas" odor.