banner
Business

Official: Faulty light fixture caused fire at Bellagio mall

Posted April 18

People look at fire damage at the Bellagio casino and resort, Friday, April 14, 2017, in Las Vegas. A fire official says a late Thursday blaze damaged decorative facing on the roof of a shopping and restaurant annex at the resort on the Las Vegas Strip. (AP Photo/John Locher)

— Fire officials in Las Vegas say a faulty light fixture on an exterior wall of the Bellagio shopping complex sparked a fire on the roof last week that tourists stopped to watch near the iconic fountain show on the Strip.

Clark County Fire Chief Greg Cassell said Tuesday that the fire has been ruled accidental. The blaze caused an estimated $450,000 in damage to the Via Bellagio shops, but it didn't reach inside the building.

No injuries were reported in the Thursday night blaze. Gusty winds fanned the fire, forcing employees out of designer stores and shutting down busy Las Vegas Boulevard.

A county spokesman has said officials found no building code violations at the Bellagio.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all