Brothers indicted on new charges in Oakwood home invasion
Posted January 28, 2013
Updated February 7, 2013
Raleigh, N.C. — Two brothers accused of breaking into a Raleigh couple's home, sexually assaulting a woman and shooting her husband earlier this month were indicted Monday on additional charges in the case.
Shabar Master Marshall, 16, and Jahaad Tariem Allah Marshall, 26, each face 10 counts, including new charges of attempted first-degree sex offense, robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
The grand jury also indicted Shabar Marshall on an additional count of attempted first-degree rape and Jahaad Marshall on first-degree sex offense.
The pair was arrested following a high-speed chase on Jan. 7, hours after investigators say they attacked the couple in their home in the 500 block of East Lane Street in Raleigh's historic Oakwood district.
The female victim, whom WRAL News is not identifying, told a 911 dispatcher that she and her husband woke up in the middle of the night to find two men standing over their bed. The men demanded money, took her from the bedroom and assaulted her.
She managed to escape and run to a neighbor's house, where she called 911. Once outside, she heard her husband get shot, she told the dispatcher.
The gunshot wound to his spine left him paralyzed.