Denver County, Colo. — Several North Carolina breweries took home medals at the Great American Beer Festival, which was held Saturday in Denver, Colorado.
Lynwood Brewing Concern Production Facility in Raleigh took home a gold medal for their Saison Du Bois brew in the American-Belgo-Style Ale category. The brewery also took home a silver medal for their Mosaic Pale Ale in the American-Style Pale Ale category.
The Lonerider Brewing Company in Raleigh was awarded a bronze medal for their Goldie’s Big Block brew in the German-Style Doppelbock or Eisbock category.
The Cary-based Bond Brothers Beer Company won a silver medal for their Disenchantment Blend #1 in the American-Style Sour Ale category.
Other winning brews in North Carolina include:
- New Sarum Brewing of Salisbury- Lemon Balm and Beets Wheat (Herb and Spice Beer)- Gold
- Sycamore Brewing Cannery of Charlotte- Sun Grown Fresh Craft Lager (American-Style Lager or Malt Liquor- Bronze
- Hillman Beer of Asheville- Four Fat Baby (Belgian-Style Double or Quadruple)- Bronze
- The Old Mecklenburg Brewery of Charlotte- Hornet’s Nest (South German-Style Hefeweizen)- Bronze
- Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery of Farmville- Duck-Rabbit Wee Heavy Scotch Style Ale (Scotch Ale)- Silver
- Currahee Brewing Company of Franklin, Kawi (Coffee Stout or Porter)- Bronze
- Foothills Brewing Company of Winston-Salem- Torch Pilsner (Bohemian-Style Pilsner)- Bronze
- BearWaters Brewing Company of Canton- Smells Like Money (Belgian-Style Stron Specialty Ale)- Bronze