Self-service available for last-minute tax filers
Posted April 15, 2013
Raleigh, N.C. — Triangle area post offices will close at normal times Monday night, the deadline for mailing 2012 federal tax returns.
Numerous 24-hour self-service kiosks will be available for purchasing postage with the required date, and several contract postal centers will have extended hours. However, customers using a self-service kiosk should be aware that an April 15 postmark will be provided only if the mail is deposited by the last posted pickup time.
About 77 percent of Americans used electronic filing last year, according to the U.S. Postal Service. A total of 143 million tax returns were filed, both electronically and through traditional mail.
Self-service kiosks can be found at the following locations:
- Apex Post Office, 501 S. Williams St.
- Carrboro Post Office, 1500 W. Main St.
- Cary Post Office, 150 Wrenn Drive
- Chapel Hill Post Office, 125 S. Estes Drive
- RTP Station, 65 T.W. Alexander Drive, Durham
- Shannon Station, 3710 Shannon Road, Durham
- West Station, 3520 Kangaroo Drive, Durham
- Garner Post Office, 267 W. Timber Drive
- Westgate Postal, 1 Floretta Place, Raleigh
- North Hills Finance, 350 E. Six Forks Road, Suite 150, Raleigh
- North Ridge Station, 7800 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh
- Crabtree Valley Station, 4325 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh
- Avent Ferry Station, 3233 Avent Ferry Road, Raleigh
- Brentwood Station, 2777 Brentwood Road, Raleigh
- Highland Station, 2800 Raeford Road, Fayetteville
- Cliffdale Station, 6380 Cliffdale Road, Fayetteville
- 1605 Reilly Road on Fort Bragg
- 1200 S. Horner Blvd, Sanford
- 267 Timber Drive, Garner