Nine bridges to be replaced in Alamance, Caswell, Orange counties
Posted June 13, 2013
Raleigh, N.C. — The North Carolina Department of Transportation on Thursday awarded a $5.8 million contract for the replacement of nine bridges in Alamance, Caswell and Orange counties.
Part of the department's $450 million state-funded bridge plan for 2011-13, the work will replace bridges classified as structurally deficient or functionally obsolete.
Work will begin as early as July 1 and is scheduled for completion by Oct. 1, 2016, DOT officials said. Thompson-Arthur Division of APAC-Atlantic, Inc. of Greensboro will complete the work on the express design-build contract.
Dates for individual bridge closures will be released at a later date.
The following bridges will be replaced:
- Preacher Holmes Road over an unnamed creek
- Bass Mountain Road over Varnals Creek
- Bethel-South Fork Road over Pine Hill Branch
- Russell McPherson Road over Rock Creek
- Altamahaw Race Track Road over an unnamed creek
- Underwood Road over Gray’s Branch
- Oak View Loop Road over Burkes Creek
- Mount Willing Road over Seven Mile Creek
- Pearson Road over the South Fork Little River