Incoming Speaker Thom Tillis has released draft committee assignments for Republican members.
Appropriations Subcommittee co-chairs: These are the folks responsible for writing (and cutting) the budgets for their specific agencies.
- Health and Human Services: Nelson Dollar and Justin Burr
- Education: Bryan Holloway, Mark Hilton, and Hugh Blackwell
- General Government: George Cleveland
- Justice and Public Safety: David Guice and Shirley Randleman
- Natural and Economic Resources: Carolyn Justice and Roger West
- Transportation: Ric Killian and Philip Frye
Other (non-budget) committee chairmanships:
- Environment: Pat McElraft, Ruth Samuelson, and Roger West
- Health and Human Services: Bill Current and Mark Hollo
- Transportation: Frank Iler and Grey Mills
See the full list here.
And here’s a list of all the committees to which each Republican House member is assigned. Keep in mind, it’s a draft.
These lists don’t contain any Democrats yet. The Speaker usually consults with the Minority Leader before making those appointments.
Also missing: any mention of the Redistricting Committee. Guess that one’s TBA.