The House on Monday approved a proposal to require drivers whose licenses are suspended for moving violations to attend and pass a driver retraining program to get their licenses reinstated.0
High-profile lawsuits keep NC in court
Gov. Roy Cooper campaign promise tracker
Complete coverage: House Bill 2
Breaking down the data: 2016 early voting
Tracking political ads in NC
Fact Check: Political claims
Tracking who gives what to NC lawmakers
Job Promise Explorer
How money flows into elections
Database: Exempt employees
Profiles: NC policy groups shaping political conversation
Rep. Garland Pierce, D-Scotland, says he will no longer push to make driving with a pet in your lap an infraction. Instead, he'll seek a comprehensive distracted driving study.10
Tags: Driving, Animal Welfare, Garland Pierce
State Politics Video
TheWrap@NCCapitol (June 22, 2017)
Troxler upset with milk inspection audit
AG says budget cuts risk public safety
Troxler defends NC milk inspection program
House gives final approval to state budget
Democratic lawmakers discuss budget
GOP calls out Cooper on budget
'Brunch bill' before House committee
TheWrap@NCCapitol (June 21, 2017)
State budget nears passage
Dems question cuts to AG's office
House debates proposed $23B budget
— Thu 11:07 p.m.
— Thu 4:17 p.m.
— Thu 3:57 p.m.
— Thu 11:42 a.m.
— Thu 10:54 a.m.
— Thu 9:52 a.m.
— Wed 10:52 p.m.
- Backers of fish management bill drive around legislature
- Trial delayed over North Carolina congressional map
- Check for Russian hacking efforts find no NC targets
- Supreme Court strikes down sex offender social media ban
- Senate adds Medicaid reforms to bill on mental health groups
- All of North Carolina governor's Cabinet picks now confirmed
- View More »
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Budget 2017
- Criminal Law
- Department Of Environmental Quality
- Department Of Health And Human Services
- Gubernatorial Campaign
- Gun Control
- House Bill 2 (2016)
- Josh Stein
- Pat Mccrory
- Phil Berger
- U.s. Senate Campaign
- Voter Id