A controversial bill that would allow certain undocumented immigrants to obtain limited driving privileges in North Carolina cleared the House Finance Committee Tuesday morning.47
WRAL Documentary: Jim Hunt Story
Tracking who gives what to NC lawmakers
Find your lawmakers
Fact Check: Political claims
Fact check: How and why
Q&A: Medicaid basics
Job Promise Explorer
General Assembly opens 2015 session
Q&A: Voting law
Margin Of Error: Breaking down the polls
How money flows into elections
Database: Exempt employees
Despite outcry from illegal immigration watchdogs, a House committee on Wednesday easily approved legislation that would grant driving permits to North Carolina residents who are in the U.S. illegally.32
Tags: Immigration, Harry Warren
State Politics Video
The Wrap@NCCapitol (Aug. 4, 2015)
Bill would let NC Guardsmen to carry guns at recruiting offices
Former SEANC chief surrenders, posts bond on fraud charges
The Wrap@NCCapitol (Aug. 3, 2015)
Charge: Head of state employees union misused funds
House leaders pitch bond program for infrastructure updates
House approves savings accounts for disabled children
8/1: Tony Tata steps down as transportation secretary
The Wrap@NCCapitol (July 30, 2015)
The Wrap@NCCapitol (July 29, 2015)
Death penalty bill causes constitutional concerns
Public sounds off on Senate budget
— Tue 5:08 p.m.
— Tue 2:52 p.m.
— Tue 2:51 p.m.
— Tue 2:17 p.m.
— Tue 2:04 p.m.
— Mon 7:10 p.m.
— Thu 4:47 p.m.
- Senate plan to shift oversight of charter schools is blocked
- North Carolina Medicaid: $131M in available end-of-year cash
- NC Democratic Party rebounds in fundraising through June
- GOP criticizes 'offensive' posts of NC elections appointee
- NC attorneys rest case in lawsuit challenging election law
- Coastal officials mull plan to spread tax money elsewhere
- View More »
NCCapitol Blog Roll
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Affordable Care Act
- Coal Ash
- Department Of Environment And Natural Resources
- Department Of Health And Human Services
- Gun Control
- Pat Mccrory
- Same-sex Marriage
- Thom Tillis
- U.s. Senate Campaign
- Unemployment Insurance
- Voter Id