North Carolina Congressman Mel Watt was confirmed Tuesday by the U.S. Senate as the new head of the Federal Housing Finance Agency, which oversees the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage programs.3
Tags: Rep. Mel Watt
My Ballot: Compare candidates side-by-side
Q&A: Voting law
Fact check: How and why
Candidates seeking US, NC, local offices in 2014
Margin Of Error: Breaking down the polls
How money flows into elections
Breaking down the 2013 tax package
Find your representative
NC voting maps
Database: Exempt employees
Profiles: NC policy groups shaping political conversation
Q&A: Personnel Act changes
State Politics Video
State legislative committee discusses drones
Lawmakers discuss coal ash disposal
Investigator says $30B in NC pension fund hidden from workers, retirees
NC residents' lack of access to healthy foods concerns lawmakers
The Wrap @NCCapitol (April 17, 2014)
'Modest' raise for veteran teachers, state workers possible
DHHS oversight committee meeting, pt 2
DHHS oversight committee receives Medicaid update
Tougher rules proposed for NC coal ash ponds
NC drilling foes skeptical of proposed regulations
Lawmakers hear from public on Jordan Lake
NC tax reforms praised, panned
— Wed 2:48 p.m.
— Wed 2:33 p.m.
— Wed 1:09 p.m.
— Tue 7:00 p.m.
— Tue 3:56 p.m.
— Tue 3:51 p.m.
— Tue 3:50 p.m.
- Burr supports NC decisions on health care overhaul
- McCrory coal ash announcement miffs GOP lawmakers
- Democrat's retirement opens door for GOP in 7th District
- Hagan contrasts persona, GOP in NC Senate campaign
- NC clergy write to Republican government leaders
- NC community college rate break for vets proposed
- View More »
NCCapitol Blog Roll
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Affordable Care Act
- Aldona Wos
- Americans For Prosperity
- Coal Ash
- Department Of Environment And Natural Resources
- Department Of Health And Human Services
- Edgar Starnes
- Pat Mccrory
- Public Assistance
- Sen. Kay Hagan
- Thom Tillis
- U.s. Senate Campaign
- Unemployment Insurance
- Voter Id