As legal battles emerge over whether North Carolina's House Bill 2 discriminates against LGBT people, state education leaders say local school boards must decide where transgender students should use the bathroom.5
Tags: House Bill 2 (2016) , Department of Public Instruction
June 2016 primary results
McCrory, Cooper compared
Find your lawmakers
Complete coverage: House Bill 2
Tracking political ads in NC
Fact Check: Political claims
March 2016 primary results
Tracking who gives what to NC lawmakers
Lawmakers take themselves out of running
Job Promise Explorer
Margin Of Error: Breaking down the polls
How money flows into elections
State Politics Video
Pence slams Clinton's economic, foreign policy record
Pence talks manufacturing at NC rally
Daughter-in-law wants to show voters 'true Donald Trump'
Poor NC counties can't afford to build, repair schools
Web only: Ross discusses Senate campaign
Trump stumps in Charlotte
Supporters turn out for Trump rally in Charlotte
McCrory, Cooper speak at Raleigh Chamber forum
North Carolina GOP calls for limited early voting
Full interview: Deborah Ross
Web only: DEQ chief discusses well water safety flap
Web only: Kaine discusses immigration, veteran benefits
— Thu 12:35 p.m.
— Thu 9:52 a.m.
— Wed 5:35 p.m.
— Wed 2:41 p.m.
— Wed 2:36 p.m.
— Wed 2:19 p.m.
— Wed 2:12 p.m.
- Former North Carolina lawmaker Aaron Plyler dies at age 89
- US government, lawyers want voter ID ruling enforced
- Gov. Haley campaigning for NC Gov. McCrory's re-election
- NC personnel director leaving for university job
- Cooper, McCrory talking North Carolina college prices
- Burr, Ross unveil first TV ads for fall Senate race
- View More »
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Affordable Care Act
- Coal Ash
- Department Of Environmental Quality
- Department Of Health And Human Services
- Gun Control
- House Bill 2 (2016)
- Pat Mccrory
- Presidential Campaign
- Roy Cooper
- State Board Of Elections
- Thom Tillis
- U.s. Senate Campaign
- Voter Id
- Wake County