Songwriting finals take place Tuesday
Posted October 19, 2009
Five finalists will compete for the title in the SUBWAY®/North Carolina State Fair “5 Footlong™ Song Challenge” Tuesday afternoon at the Waterfall Stage.
In the competition:
- Kris Thomas, a 27-year-old furniture salesman from Greenville
- Austin Moss, a 17-year-old North Carolina State University transfer student from Raleigh
- Nicole Griffin, 22, and Lindsay Barfield, 24, who will compete as a duo. Both from Raleigh, Griffin is an assistant producer on the TLC reality program, “Jon & Kate Plus Eight;” Barfield works for the State Employees' Credit Union.
- Paulette Hernandez, a 51-year-old mother, grandmother and college student from Raleigh, who is an operational manager for the North Carolina Department of Labor
- Emily Dionne, a 24-year-old make-up artist from Raleigh.
The grand prize winner will receive a $500 Subway gift card and two tickets to see “American Idol” finalist Anoop Desai’s concert at the State Fair on Thurs., Oct. 22.