The WRAL Public Records section provides citizens a powerful resource for locating and evaluating public records and other governmental information.
We believe that access to public information is a freedom that extends to everyone – not just to those who have the time, expertise and persistence to find it on their own. Public records are often difficult to locate, assemble and organize.
Any person has the right to inspect, examine and get copies of public records. People requesting public records do not have to disclose their identity or their reason for requesting the information. Also, there is no requirement that requests be made in writing.
Read more in the North Carolina Attorney General's Guide to Open Government and Public Records. Federal and state law protects the public's right to know. To learn more, read the Freedom of Information Act and the North Carolina Open Records Law.
Triangle Area Special Offers
- 2015 nissan altima s $229mn with no down payment or 0% for 72 months
- Register to Win a $12,000 Bathroom or Kitchen
- Move-in ready homes across the Triangle available from Lennar! Click to view inventory.
- 2015 nissan sentra s 189mn with no down payment or 0% for 72 months
- Myrtle Beach Summer Deals - Up To 40% Off