Get complete WRAL News election coverage multiple ways
Posted November 4, 2008
No matter what medium you prefer, WRAL News will be providing complete election results and analysis.
- Up-to-the-minute results for more than 280 national, state and local races. You'll find them on the homepage, Politics section (search keyword: politics) or by searching for keyword: results. If no problems are reported at the polls, results should begin streaming to the Web site around 7:45 p.m. EST.
- Interactive VoteTracker maps for North Carolina's three biggest races: President, Governor and U.S. Senate. VoteTracker maps also are available by searching keyword: VoteTracker.
- Interactive map from the Associated Press showing results in all 50 states. Drill down to each state for Senate and House results, gubernatorial races, and more
- Talk in real-time with other Triangle-area voters as election returns come in on our GOLO.com live blog. You can sign up now for an e-mail reminder.
- Latest interviews and speeches from various campaign headquarters. WRAL has reporters in Chicago with Obama, in Phoenix with McCain and all across the state with the candidates for key offices.
- Live streaming video of local election analysis from 7:30 p.m. to midnight from the WRAL NewsChannel (cable channel 256 or digital channel 5.2)
- You can get updates throughout the night from Twitter. Visit our Twitter page and follow us.
- CBS Election Coverage begins at 7 p.m. EST
- Results will scroll across the bottom of the screen as soon as they are available
- Live local reports at 7:25 p.m., 7:55 p.m., 8:25 p.m., 8:55 p.m., 9:25 p.m., 9:55 p.m., 10:25pm, 10:55 p.m.
- Breaking news of North Carolina races as they are decided, including concession and victory speeches.
- WRAL News on Fox 50 at 10 and WRAL News at 11 for one full hour
On WRAL Wireless:
- Up-to-the-minute results for 280-plus races on our free and premium mobile sites. Point your mobile Web browser to WRAL.com or text VOTE to 46988 for one-click access to updated results after 7:30 p.m.
- Livestreaming of the WRAL NewsChannel from 7:30 p.m. to midnight.