Rougemont, N.C. — Authorities were investigating a house fire early Tuesday after six people were temporarily trapped inside the burning home at 113 Bacon Road.
Everyone got out of the house and one person was taken to a nearby hospital with unknown injuries.
Jennifer Davis said getting out through the door wasn't an option.
"When I opened the door, the fire just blew us back," she said. "The whole door went up in flames that quick, so we went out the side window (with) no clothes on. We don't have any clothes, any shoes. (The) people next door gave us all something to put on."
It's unclear how the fire started. No other information was available.