Raleigh, N.C. — Time Warner Cable has purchased the naming rights for Raleigh's Walnut Creek Amphitheatre.
Terms of the five-year deal weren't disclosed. The concert venue will now be known as Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek.
The amphitheater has been without a title sponsor for more than a year, after a deal with Alltel expired.
The deal with Time Warner, which has a two-year renewal option at the end of five years, will allow the cable company to select shows from the concert schedule to telecast on video-on-demand for cable customers, officials said.
Time Warner also expects to be able to offer advance-sale tickets to select performances to cable customers.
Concerts already scheduled for the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion are:
- Widespread Panic, April 25 and 26
- Kanye West with Rihanna, N.E.R.D, & Lupe Fiasco, May 9
- Tim McGraw with Jason Aldean & Halfway To Hazard , May 17
- James Taylor & His Band of Legends, May 28
- Toby Keith with Montgomery Gentry, Carter's Chord, Mica Roberts, & Trailer Choir, June 21
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with Steve Winwood, July 12
- Brad Paisley, July 19
- Rascal Flatts with Taylor Swift, Aug. 2
- Kenny Chesney with LeAnn Rimes, Aug. 22
- Brooks & Dunn with Rodney Atkins, Sept. 6
- Martina McBride, Oct. 4