Fayetteville, N.C. — Lightning sparked a house fire in Fayetteville Sunday afternoon that displaced a family of four, firefighters say.
Battalion Chief D. Southern said that flames were shooting from the roof of the two-story house at 234 Waxhaw Drive when firefighters arrived around 3:15 p.m. Firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 15 minutes.
The family managed to get out of the house safely, and no one was injured.
Damage from the fire made the house uninhabitable, and the Red Cross helped the family find shelter.