Raleigh, N.C. — A one-alarm fire early Tuesday caused by a mechanical failure will keep a popular Raleigh restaurant closed for a few days.
Raleigh firefighters said smoke was coming from Bahama Breeze, 3309 Wake Forest Road, when they responded to a 911 call about a fire there shortly after midnight Monday. About 35 firefighters brought the fire under control in less than 25 minutes.
No one was injured, but the fire damaged about 5 percent of the building. Firefighters said Bahama Breeze will be closed for several days for repairs and inspection.
Fire investigators determined that a mechanical failure in the heating-air conditioning system caused the fire.