Raleigh, N.C. — A fire that might have started with the electrical breakers destroyed a Raleigh house late Sunday morning, firefighters said.
A police officer on patrol spotted heavy smoke coming from the back of the house at 809 E. Lenoir St. and called in firefighters around 11:30 a.m., according to an incident report. About 30 firefighters labored for over 20 minutes to bring the blaze under control.
Two people who rent the home were away at the time. Authorities said no one was injured, but the house was a total loss. The Red Cross was assisting the family.
A few blocks of East Lenoir Street were shut down while firefighters battled the blaze.