Raleigh, N.C. — It's that time of year again – North Carolina's sales tax holiday weekend.
The annual back-to-school sales tax holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. Aug. 5 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
The tax exemption covers:
- Clothing, shoes and school supplies that cost $100 or less each
- Instructional materials, such as textbooks, that cost $300 or less per item
- Sports equipment – from mouth guards to baseball gloves – priced at $50 or less each
- Computers with a sales price of $3,500 or less (The sale of a computer monitor, keyboard, mouse or speakers is only tax-free if bought as part of a computer package)
- Computer supplies, such as a flash drive or printer, as long as they are $250 or less per item
For more information on the sales tax holiday weekend, check out the North Carolina Department of Revenue's website.