Police again search Durham home for missing boy, woman
Posted April 11, 2011
Durham, N.C. — Police on Monday returned to a Durham home to continue searching for evidence in the disappearances of a boy and a woman.
Jadon Higganbothan, 5, hasn't been seen since October, and Antoinetta Yvonne McKoy, 28, has been missing since December.
A Durham homicide detective stated in a recent application for a search warrant that police believe the boy's mother, Vania Sisk, and her boyfriend, Peter Moses, were "directly involved" in Jadon's and McKoy's deaths.
Police have searched the home at 2109 Pear Tree Lane, where all four lived with a group of people, several times since February for evidence in the case, and they also searched some nearby woods last month.
Investigators were back at the home Monday, along the police department's mobile crime unit. A Durham utility crew also opened up a nearby manhole as part of a search.
On Monday evening, investigators continued their search at a boarded-up home around the corner from Pear Tree Lane at 2310 So Hi Drive.
It was unclear what police were looking for or what they might have found.
A confidential informant told Durham police in February that both Jadon and McKoy were killed in the house and that their bodies were disposed of.
Investigators found a bullet, shell casing and evidence of human blood inside the house, according to a search warrant released Tuesday. They also found evidence of "overt cleaning" in part of the home.
Neither Sisk nor Moses has been charged in the case. Police issued warrants for their arrests on unrelated charges after they failed to appear in court last month.
Sisk met with investigators in early March and told them she left Jadon with an acquaintance on Feb. 20. Police have said her statements were inconsistent.
Police have refused to comment on the investigation, but Jadon's father, who lives in Georgia, said investigators have told him that they have no idea where Sisk and Moses are.