Downed tree causes gas leak in Raleigh
Posted November 12, 2009
Updated November 13, 2009
Raleigh, N.C. — Strong winds knocked down a tree, causing a gas leak at Georgetown North townhomes in Raleigh Thursday night, police said.
Two light poles were also knocked down at the homes at 3827 Browning Place.
“I saw a light and heard a humongous crash,” said resident Russell Doles.
The leak was fixed by 10 p.m., but crews said it could take hours to repair the light poles.
There were about 300 Progress Energy customers in the area without power as a result of the incident.