The Capital Area Workforce Development Board will open six employment sites on Thursday to help people who are looking for jobs.
The Sharing How Access to Resources Empowers (SHARE) access points are located at:
- Celebration Community Church, 314 Bashford Road, Raleigh – Hours: Tues. 5-8 p.m.; Fri. 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The Hope Center at Pullen, Inc., 1801 Hillsborough St., Raleigh – Hours: Tues. and Thurs. 1:30-5 p.m.; Wed. 10 a.m.-noon
- Urban Ministries of Wake County, 1390 Capital Blvd., Raleigh – Hours: Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Johnston County Industries, 1100 E. Preston St., Selma – Hours: Wed.-Fri. 1-4 p.m.
- Kenly Church of God Worship Center, 9073 St. Mary’s Church Road, Kenly – Hours: Tues., Thurs. and Fri. 9 a.m.-noon
- Mitchener Memorial Baptist Church, 911 Blount St., Smithfield – Hours: Mon. and Wed. 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
SHARE access points are faith-based and community organizations where people who lack employment search skills can go look for jobs.
Customers are assisted by trained volunteers who connect them to the JobLink system via computers, and help them obtain referrals for online job searches, resume preparation and other services necessary to find a employment. These sites will also increase the number of locations providing access to JobLink services.
The new access points are a result of a partnership between Capital Area Workforce Development Board, the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Division of Employment and Training, the Center for Faith-based and Community Initiatives and the State of North Carolina Division of Workforce Development.
For more information about SHARE, go to www.capitalareawdb.com.