Memorial Day closings
Posted May 20, 2008
Updated May 22, 2008
A list of closings for Monday, May 26, Memorial Day:
- The Solid Waste Services administrative office will be closed. There are no scheduled routes for Mondays so there will be no changes required next week for recycling, garbage or yard waste collection. All routes will run on their normal days.
- The Yard Waste Center will also be closed on Monday.
- The Central Business District will receive normal pick up on Monday.
- Triangle Transit will not operate bus and shuttle services on Monday. The offices will also be closed.
Town administrative offices are closed.
Solid waste, yard waste and recycling material will be collected on regular collection days.
All county libraries will be closed Sunday and Monday.
- The Department of Solid Waste Management will have no curbside collection of recycling, yard waste and solid waste on Monday. Collection for regular Monday customers will instead occur on Wednesday, May 28.
- The Waste Disposal and Recycling Center (Transfer Station) will be closed on Monday.
- The Durham Area Transit Authority (DATA) and DATA ACCESS will operate on its holiday schedule, with service is provided from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. All administrative offices will be closed.
- Durham Parks and Recreation will close their administrative office and all recreation centers on Monday.
- Durham One Call will be closed on Monday. However, citizens may complete an online service request by visiting the city’s Web site.
Administrative offices will be closed. No solid waste collection will take place. Monday's household trash will be picked up on Tuesday. No yard waste service will be available for residents on Monday or Tuesday. The transit service will conduct regular hours.
I-85 South will be reduced to one lane from mile marker 208 (Granville County line) to mile marker 214 (U.S. 158) for pavement rehabilitation, according to the N.C. Department of Transportation. Motorists can expect delays and are encouraged to use an alternate route through this area.
The county government offices will be closed on Monday. The Moore County Public Library system, all five branches and the Bookmobile, will also closed. The Senior Enrichment Center will be closed starting Saturday. It will reopen on Tuesday.
The town's administrative offices will be closed. No garbage will be collected. Monday’s garbage will be collected Tuesday. There will be no change in the curbside recycling schedule.
The N.C. Department of Transportation will suspend most road construction activities that could affect travel over the Memorial Day holiday to help ease traffic delays and make driving conditions safer.
Most construction projects along interstate and U.S. routes across the state will be suspended beginning at 4 p.m., Friday until 9 a.m., Tuesday.
To add your community's closings send us an e-mail.