Teacher Appreciation Week: WRAL viewers honor teachers
Posted May 5, 2008
Raleigh, N.C. — In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week – the first full week in May – WRAL.com asked viewers to submit stories about special teachers in their lives.
After nearly a month, viewers had sent more than 250 letters – representing more than 150 schools across the state. Public and private schools, colleges and others were included.
Some excerpts are below:
- “I truly know with all my heart that she was a blessing for my son, and I have NEVER forgotten her energy and persistence. She is a gem!!!”
- “She has stayed with me in my heart all of this time.”
- “He is a father figure and friend to the children."
- “She is like an Angel sent from above.”
- “My mom teaches math … and never seems to get the credit she deserves.”
- “(My son’s) self esteem is being rebuilt and his grades show it and he is happy each morning when leaving to go to school. For this we are sincerely grateful.”
- “The year that I spent in her class is the ONLY school year that sticks out in my memories of 16 years of school.”
To see all the letters submitted for Teacher Appreciation Week, CLICK HERE.