Authorities: No Charges in Alleged Touching Incident
Posted October 12, 2007
Princeton, N.C. — An eighth-grader won't face any charges in connection with an alleged incident last month involving a first-grade special needs student, authorities said Thursday.
A custodian at Princeton School, which has students from kindergarten to grade 12, spotted the two boys walking off campus on Sept. 27 when they should have been in class.
Police initially said "inappropriate touching" occurred between the two boys.
After conducting various interviews, including a two-hour session in Greenville last week with the 6-year-old and a child therapist, authorities determined that no improper touching occurred, Johnston County Assistant District Attorney Paul Jackson and Princeton Police Chief Edward Lewis said.
There was no word on whether either boy would face any disciplinary action from the Johnston County school system.