Local News

Patient Allegedly Started Dix Fire

Posted January 10, 1998

— A Dorothea Dix patient spent the night in the hospital suffering from possible smoke inhalation.

Dozens of police and fire crews responded to the one room fire Friday night at the McBryde Building. Two floors were evacuated due to the heavy smoke.

Investigators say the same patient who was injured, also started the fire.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all