Local News

Electrocution Claims Second Victim

Posted January 3, 1998

— A second construction worker laying pipe in Morrisville has died from electrocution.

Twenty-one-year-old Pedro Vega Monrroy died earlier this week at UNC Hospitals Burn Center. Monrroy was one of two workers electrocuted in an accident the week before Christmas.

Co-worker Rogelio Gallegos died at Duke University Hospital the day of the accident. The two were electrocuted when an excavator touched an overhead wire as the men were handling a pipe.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all