Local News

Men Homeless After Fire Destroys Home

Posted December 23, 1996

— Two Smithfield men are homeless for the holidays after a fire ripped their home apart. The fire broke out Sunday at D.J.'s properties.

The two men who lived there made it out safely and ran to a neighbor's to call for help.

Firefighters say the blaze may have originated in a mattress. Assistant Fire Chief Billy Ferrell says his crews were able to contain blaze.

Neighbor Rosalinda Beltran says there had been some fear that the fire would spread to nearby homes.

It took firefighters hours to extinguish the flames.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all