Local News

Car Trouble Leads to Condo Fire

Posted December 16, 1996

— A Raleigh man was trying to get to work Monday morning with problems with his car created sparks that started a fire in his garage.

He was in the center unit of a four-condo complex in northeast Raleigh when the blaze started. One firefighter suffered minor injuries which were the result of an explosion in the car.

Fire District Chief Rusty Stymes said the fire was under control quickly.

The contents of the man's condo were determined to be a total loss, although no other condos were damaged. No residents were injured.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all