Local News

Chemical Leak Causes Concerns at Factory

Posted November 25, 1996

— An ammonia leak at the Perdue chicken processing plant in Robins caused some major concerns Monday morning, but the emergency crews had the situation under control within hours.

Plant officials in Moore County say the leak was caused by a valve malfunction. The faulty valve has now been repaired.

Ten plant workers were taken to a hospital, suffering from respiratory problems. A nearby middle school was closed for a short time. No students were injured.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all