Local News

Woman Dies in Cumberland County Fire

Posted November 19, 1996

— Cumberland County fire officials say a 47-year-old woman died Monday night after her Columbine Drive home caught fire. The woman has been identified as Carolyn Anderson.

Firefighters rushed to the scene at about 11 p.m.

Investigators believe the fire started on the kitchen stove. They report there was no smoke detector in the house.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all