Juveniles Accused Of Shooting At Cars Along I-85
Posted May 28, 2006
DURHAM, N.C. — Three juveniles have been accused of using a pellet gun to shoot at cars along northbound Interstate 85 near the Durham-Orange county line on Saturday evening.
No one was injured, but about seven cars were damaged, authorities said.
Officials arrested three juveniles: ages 11, 12 and 13.
One of the victims, whose window was completely blown out, told WRAL that the juveniles threw a beach ball at her car. The driver said she believes they were trying to get her to slow down enough to allow them to shoot out the windows of her vehicle.
"If my younger child had been in the car seat right behind us, whatever came into the window would've come right near his face or in front of his face," said the victim, who asked to remain anonymous because she helped identify the suspects. "And it's just really scary."
The driver said her car was the first to be shot at just before 6 p.m. Saturday and that other cars were hit from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m.