DA: Third Indictment In Duke Lacrosse Case Won't Come Next Week
Posted April 27, 2006
Updated December 9, 2006
The grand jury meets Monday, the night before the primary. District Attorney Mike Nifong said he will not present his case at that time. Nifong and two other candidates are competing for the district attorney's job.
Meanwhile, several Duke Lacrosse players are breaking their silence. They spoke to ESPN on the condition their names not be used.
The players said there was an argument over money and the amount of time the two dancers were expected to perform at the off-campus party March 13. They also admitted slurs and bad language were used by some players and the dancers during the argument.
One of the dancers said three players raped her in a bathroom during the party. The players said it was foolish to have the party, but they deny that any rape occurred.
Reade Seligmann and Collin Finnerty were indicted on rape and other charges last week. Their lawyers said they are not guilty.