Local News

Suspect In Fatal Warrenton Teen Shooting Wasn't Supposed To Leave Va.

Posted March 31, 2006

— The man accused of shooting and killing a 13-year-old boy last weekend wasn't even supposed to be in North Carolina, authorities have said.

Michael Cotman had been convicted of grand larceny charges and was not supposed to leave Virginia. He and four other suspects are charged in Savon Davis' death.

Authorities said Davis was shot while sitting in the back of a sport utility vehicle last Saturday morning. He and his family were returning from a party when a passing vehicle fired at least one shot into the SUV.

Cotman and the others charged fled to Virginia, authorities said. They were arrested and are awaiting extradition back to North Carolina.

Davis' funeral is set for Friday at Warren County Middle School.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all