Local News

Durham School Fire Out; Students Back In

Posted October 15, 2000

— Students were forced out of their middle school after a fire in a utility room Monday morning. But everything was handled efficiently, and classes are once more under way.

The fire was discovered about 8:30 a.m. in a utility room in the gym at Lowe's Grove Middle School on Alston Avenue.

The blaze was put out quickly, but there was a lot of smoke in building.

Students were evacuated while the smoke was cleared.

The fire was accidental; the motor in a heating unit had shorted out.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all