Local News

Two Die in Raleigh House Fire

Posted August 4, 1996

— August 5, 1996 - 1:27 p.m. EDT

A fire in a Raleigh house killed two people early Sunday morning, but it wasn't reported until Sunday night.

Police say Wendy Butler and a friend who has not been identified died of smoke inhalation.

Authorities believe the fire was started by an electrical problem.

The fire wasn't noticeable outside the house, so neighbors didn't make the discovery until late Sunday night


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all