Local News

Raleigh Family Credits Carbon Monoxide Detector For Saving Their Lives

Posted January 28, 2001

— A Raleigh family is crediting a carbon monoxide detector with saving their lives.

Na Li says her alarm started beeping last week. When firefighters arrived, they found a carbon monoxide reading of 40 parts per million.

Firefighters found another apartment with a 264 parts per million reading. Anything more than nine is considered dangerous.

"We're fine. We're cooking. We don't have dizziness or headaches. We don't have anything," she says.

Na Li lives in the Gorman Street apartment with her in-laws, her husband and their newborn baby. The family just got a carbon monoxide detector a few weeks ago. The carbon monoxide was coming from a faulty heater.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all