Local News

Porch Light May Have Caused Fire At Wake County Home

Posted March 22, 2000

— A Wake County family may think twice about leaving the front porch light on.

An electrical short in a porch light may be to blame for a fire that raced through Kenneth Madlin's home in southeast Wake County late Thursday.

He was able to get his family out of the house, but the fire did extensive damage to the attic area of the home.

Garner and Fuquay-Varina firefighters managed to keep the flames from spreading to the main floor. -->


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all