Local News

Small Explosion at NCSU Science Lab Sends Staff Member to Hospital

Posted February 28, 2000

— A chemistry experiment exploded and injured a student lab assistant Tuesday morning onN.C. State'scampus.

The explosion happened around 9:30 a.m. at Withers Hall and was the result of a small chemical spill involving sulfuric acid and a potassium compound.

The student, Marcie Belisle, suffered minor face and neck burns. She was treated and released from WakeMed.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all