Local News

Residents Rousted Out in Cary Apartment Fire

Posted January 18, 2000

— Firefighters battled flames and the elements in Cary early Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called out to the Amberwood Apartments around 3:30 a.m.

The 10-unit building was full of flames and smoke when they arrived.

Everyone made it out of the building unharmed.

Fire officials believe ashes from a fireplace, dumped outside the building, sparked the blaze.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all