Local News

Man Dies in Mobile Home Fire

Posted June 13, 1999

— A 39-year-old man died in a burning mobile home early Monday morning.

A passerby called in the fire on McLain Chapel Church Road in Harnett County around 2:30 a.m.

When firefighters arrived they found Paul Daniel McDougald inside.

Investigators say the fire started from some extension cords that were run into the abandoned mobile home.

They say the cords were running electricity into the mobile home from a nearby house.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all